Support worker required in Bitterne Southampton providing support to persons with Learning disabilities living in their own assisted living apartments permanent dayshifts circa £18,000 per annum
+ overtime available apply here, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patrick on 01202 638900
Purpose of Role
The primary role of the Support Worker is to directly support our clients, young adults with learning disabilities. You will work with our clients to help them live a happy and fulfilled life and one that is as independent as possible. You will support them to develop positive relationships and to be an equal and valued member of their local bustling community. This position involves working in several assisted living facilities/ houses all in the same neighborhood
Day shifts 8 am to 8pm alternating shifts 1st week 5 days per week 60 hrs
2nd week 2 days per week 24 hrs
42 hrs per week
8.12- 8.25 P/Hr = annual salary £18,018
28 days paid holiday per year
- Ensuring the client is at the centre of everything we do.
- Enabling and supporting clients to carry out all tasks involved in their daily life. This may include supporting people with their finances, and their daily living tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
- Supporting clients to access the community whether on social trips or routine appointments.
- Supporting clients to be as active as they want to be in their local community, encouraging them to try new things and doing things they really want to do. Activities they may choose can be wide ranging from trips out to places of interest, visits to family and friends, leisure facilities, clubs or college.
- Assisting where needed, clients with personal care, such as washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- Keeps accurate records, carrying out all recording and reporting in a person centred way.
- Develops the service and themselves through service reviews, performance management processes, staff meetings and learning and development opportunities.
- Together with clients, regularly review and update their support plan, ensuring it is centred on the client’s needs and aspirations.
- Raises appropriate and important concerns in a timely manner with their line manager.
- To act as a key worker, participating in reviews, key meetings and appointments.
apply here, email email@example.com or call Patrick on 01202 638900